Friday, April 29, 2011

What to eat

I am in a diner. Doors are located 15 feet and 10 feet from my location. These doors are exits. My body is slightly weighted, carrying a burden I had not for a long time. Why? Danger is the last thing on my mind. The waiter comes to me but I notice a man on the streets. He stumbles onward into the building. Without noticing the strange man, the waiter recalls my attention to my order. I want a burger, some fries, some onion rings, some water. Caloric intake unknown. This might be my last meal. The waiter recalls with a smile and strides toward the strange man muttering to himself the entire time. The smell of cigarettes and liquor entered my senses, this man had a troubled past. Either that or he was an alcoholic smoker. The prior could be problematic; there are many strange people.

No comments:

Post a Comment